Summer tour in NJ-NY

The spot for RRE related discourse.

Moderator: Barbara

Summer tour in NJ-NY

New postby grumpin » Thu May 01, 2014 1:55 pm

I notice that RRE doesn't really play much in the NY-NJ tri-state area during the spring & summer. Anyone know a reason for this?

They usually play NYC in the winter, Stroudsburg over Thanksgiving, but not much more. I realize they are from NJ & possibly would rather be playing across the country, but just seems weird they never play a 2 or 3 night run in NYC or NJ in spring or summer.

I get they play the festivals, but I would surely enjoy a stop in NY or NJ over the summer or spring.

Thoughts??
"There are UFO's over New York, and no one seems to mind" -John Lennon
grumpin

Re: Summer tour in NJ-NY

New postby Scott » Wed May 14, 2014 9:21 am

592 days since they last played in Jersey...

Not sure why they don't play here these days.
Scott

New postby vanhuffer » Fri May 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Because we were tagged as fans who don't buy tickets in advance, just ask the management, but good luck getting an honest response though. Plus the last show they played in NJ (New Brunswick) they mailed it in anyway. The pre-show with the Hub Kings had more beef than that RRE show did ...
vanhuffer

New postby grumpin » Mon May 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Wow, I didn't realize that it was that many days since their last NJ show.

So....management would tell me cuz NJ folks don't buy tix in advance, they don't play NJ that often? I thought the Jersey love was strong? Their anniversary show in Montclair a couple years back had a nice turnout.
grumpin

New postby DougD » Tue May 20, 2014 12:09 am

Nearly two years is admittedly a long time not to play in one's home state. That said, they have played Philly & NYC fairly regularly, so it shouldn't have been too difficult for a motivated NJ-based fan to catch a show.

What I'd like to know about Summer Tour is if/when one is going to be announced? We're nearing the tail end of May & thus far they've only announced six shows in June & nine in July--not really what I'd call a "Summer Tour".
DougD

New postby grumpin » Wed May 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Getting to a show in NY, Philly, or Boston isn't the problem. Just seems odd they don't play NY/NJ in spring & summer.
grumpin

Return to RRE discussion