What happened to Phil's set-list updates??

The spot for RRE related discourse.

Moderator: Barbara

What happened to Phil's set-list updates??

New postby DougD » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:34 am

Anybody know why Phil is no longer posting the set-lists here?

Seems kind of odd that he stopped posting them very shortly after this forum was directly linked to the band's official website--is this his attempt to support & keep the yahoo earhthboard active? I would have thought management would want to consolidate their web traffic, either here and/or their Facebook page....
DougD

Re: What happened to Phil's set-list updates??

New postby railroadbill » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Maybe "thehappyhippy" can't find the board. When railroadearth.net disappeared, it took me a while to realize it had moved to the band site. Then I remembered someone had said there was a railroadearth.com portal. I feel like there are others out there still trying to find it as well. I know traffic has dropped off, after making a somewhat remarkable comeback in the days prior to the merger(?).
there came a time for the old man
when a place of beauty, a lay of land
spoke out to him, said understand,
you should rest now
* avatar image by: Craig McCudden, aka Tapecat
railroadbill

New postby DougD » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Interesting theory, but I don't buy it.

There's lot of downtime on the road in-between gigs, & it doesn't seem conceivable to me that the band's tour / stage manager would not be aware that this forum has moved to the "Community" tab on the band's site. If that were the case, that would also mean that no one within the band' inner / outer circle of influence thought it relevant to mention to Phil, which in turn would indicate a staggering level of situational unawareness &/or general indifference/unconcern.

Seems more likely to me that Phil views crackbook as some kind of online circle jerk which he's uninterested in joining, and/or that he's got fond memories and an emotional investment in the Yahoo Earthboard which he's simply trying to keep viable.
DougD

New postby Sister Fennario » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 am

It does seem odd. Maybe just another volunteer is needed to re/post from Earthboard or Stacy's Hobo Family Facebook post. Oh, that might be me, or someone else? Oughta get on it before there is too much of a backlog is all. Or maybe it's being logged on the Hobo Companion site that's going on? (ask me later about the etymology of 'logging' cuz it's an interesting sailor story, yo-ho-ho)
Sister Fennario

New postby Scott » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:44 am

I do suspect he doesn't know. Stacy tends to be the online one of the pair.
Scott

New postby mitchgilbert » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:56 am

I thanked Phil the last time I saw him specifically for continuing to post the setlists to the Earthboard since I am not on crackbook. He said he's not on crackbook either, and will continue to post the setlists to the Earthboard as always. No mention of this forum.
mitchgilbert

Return to RRE discussion