RC: Has seen 50+ RRE shows?

Anything goes, politics, your grocery list, etc ...

Moderator: Barbara

RC: Has seen 50+ RRE shows?

New postby onerailroad » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:12 pm

This is in no way meant to be a bragging thread. I'm just curious how many shows people have been to and who else has done 50+ (I know some of you are well over 100 now). I just tallied my totals on hobocompanion.org and the Saturday Best Buy show is my 50th. The 3 SF Fillmore shows will make it 53 (and 16 total SF Fillmore shows).
onerailroad

Re: RC: Has seen 50+ RRE shows?

New postby Scott » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:47 pm

About a hundred here.
Scott

New postby mitchgilbert » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 am

I haven't really kept count, and I still need to complete my shows on Hobo's companion, but I'm somewhere in the 70s I suspect.

Mitch
mitchgilbert

New postby DougD » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 pm

onerailroad wrote:This is in no way meant to be a bragging thread.

I wouldn't really call it bragging (you're just keeping track) but even if you were I don't think there's anything wrong with "bragging" in this instance--very cool that you're about to see your 50th show! IMHO the band should award die-hard fans like you with something...say on your 50th show you get a on-stage shout-out from the band, at your 100th show you get to make a song-request, etc.. I've only seen about 15-20 shows, so probably not worth anything more than maybe a free sticker! :lol:

On a somewhat related note:

About two years ago I did the "SweetWater Brewery" run of shows with a guy I met here on this board (Yo' Travis!). He & a friend of his were telling me about railroad-related job names that RRE fans (Hobos) were called based upon the number of shows they had seen. They had a really funny name for newbies like me (I think I had seen something like 7 or 8 shows at the time) but for the life of me I can't remember it now.

Railroad-related jobs:

Brakeman
Switchman
Flagman
Dispatcher
Conductor
Baggageman
Station Master
Car Inspector
Yard Clerk
Yardmaster
Linesman
Lampboy
Track Inspector
Switchtender
Ticket Collector
Wheel Knocker
Pipe Fitter
Porter
Gandy Dancer
Hogger

So for instance, someone who has seen less than 5 shows could be called a "Gandy Dancer", someone who's seen 10+ shows a "WheelKnocker", 20+ shows you're a "Linesman", 50+ shows you're a "Station Master", 100+ shows you're refereed to as "Conducter", etc.

Enjoy the Fillmore shows & congrats on becoming a Station Master!
DougD

New postby Sister Fennario » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:21 am

more than 50. Less than 100. Couldn't venture a guess beyond that. Do festival sets count? I love that this board is still up. Just figuring out my ipad here and definitely not doing FB on mobile device so checking in here in St. Lou on what's new here. Whaddya think? Listening to RAilroad Earth radio on itunes radio does me right. Lots of new music i wouldn't otherwise hear. Looking forward to Independent show and Fox and Crystal bay!
Sister Fennario

Return to General discussion