30 Days!

The spot for RRE related discourse.

Moderator: Barbara

30 Days!

New postby El Ron » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Just was looking at the calendar and realized, HELL YAH, we are 30 days away till we take on the rocks that are red (7/12/13) here in CO. Watch us explode. Hey Railroad Earth, we are gonna be like TNT, freaking dynamite, TNT, just watch us explode, as you all take on one of our favorite venues as the HEADLINER. We have all been waiting for this moment to arrive. And to have our friends Greensky Bluegrass supporting (their first time playing Red Rocks, another celebration in of itself, YAH GREENSKY) and Galactic, this is gonna be one hell of special day with lots of love and very special energy reverberating throughout the whole area of Morrison. Just turn up your speakers folks and let's gear up for one hell of a special weekend in July. Surely not one to be missed at all. The final countdown begins now.

http://youtu.be/agKzNLvLUkM
El Ron

http://www.elron.tumblr.com
RRE TCB 2011
El Ron

Re: 30 Days!

New postby DougD » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm guessing lots of Hobos are driving to CO from all over the Mountain states for the RR>Boulder>Aspen shows, & a substantial number are flying in from both coasts as well. When everything (airfare, rental car, gas, hotels, meals, tickets, party favors, etc.) is added up, this will easily be a $1,000+ weekend. These are tough financial times for a lot of people, so this is a pretty strong statement of support & love for the band & the music.

I'm sure the band appreciates the support-- here's hoping they tangibly express their appreciation by creating some killer set-lists containing a few new RRE songs, some new covers, & breaking out more than a few rarely played / not-played-in-a-long-time tunes!

Can I get an "Amen"?

Song request(s) anyone?
DougD

New postby Hayduke » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm

That is going to be a great weekend. We were there when RRE opened for the Allman Bros. and i9t was fasntastic. Can't go this time but we'll be thinking of everyone and the good time you'll be having.

I am more than a little bummed that there have been no Wisconsin RRE shows in what seems forever and none on the horizen. Please make a stop this fall. A two night run at the Majestic again would be great but I'd settle for anything from Madison to Chicago.
"Boys, something here just don't add up."
Officer Jim Callahan
Hayduke

New postby ColoradoEd » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Will there be batiks available commemorating this run? Gotta add to my Red Rocks collection.
ColoradoEd

Return to RRE discussion